6/08/2008

A Technology Crime

Time: 5 weeks. The effects might last longer...


Location: At my house.


Tools: laptop


Crime: Creating test questions for a test practice website.


Alibi: The money is good. I can work in my pjs. I not polluting the world with the gas emissions that it would take to drive to a summer job? If I didn't do it, some one would, right?




I feel dirty!




As an advocate of using technology in the classroom that is meaningful, how could I do it? I also despise test practice and feel that if teachers teach, then tests should not be that hard. (Note: I understand that teaching cannot overcome poverty, language barriers, or a variety of other issues that students bring to school) I did it anyways without a single regret at the time. Now I am committed and I would feel worse backing out of the job than just completing it.


Is redemption possible? I hope so.


My second job of the summer is to re-do the curriculum for the class I teach which is called Technology Integration. Right now there is a heavy focus on the Microsoft Office suite and my goal is to include digital photography, movies, and Web 2.0 tools.


Isn't that life. Balancing the bad and the good?






0 comments: