The only aspect of the New Year celebration I have never been fond is resolutions. Mainly because they just seem like empty promises that lead to self disappointment. So there are things I want to do in the new year, but not sure that I want to call them resolutions. Yet .....
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
So here is my initial list. Just like a real school improvement plan, it should change as the year progresses.
- To Stay as Positive as Possible! I know every day is not going to be sunshine and kittens, but I know the negative just drags me down.
- A yearly struggle for me: Try to maintain a balance. I want to have a little more fun in the new year.
- Push the Limits! I want to keep pushing the boundaries and not give up despite the powers that be.
- Be More Creative: Whether that is art on my iPad or keeping up with taking pictures each week.
- Seeking out new opportunities! Some of the best experiences from the past couple of years came from filling out applications and taking a chance.
There it is! Not a lot, but a workable list. Let 2011 be the best year yet!