11/01/2008

Beginning New Challenges

I haven't blogged in awhile, because I have been waiting on my new challenge. Steve Dembo, Teach42, began a 30 day challenge to be a better blogger. This was exciting to me because I needed a new tech challenge other than keeping an eye on Plurk Karma number.

The first challenge was to recreate the About Me section of the blog. I almost wish that it would have been another challenge since I have been under an identity crisis lately. Don't worry, I won't use this blog as therapy sessions. The best part of the challenge was to remind myself why I started the blog in the first place. The idea of growing and reflecting sometimes gets lost in the day to day challenges.

While I am beginning the blogging challenge, I am also working on another challenge Dembo posted to the DEN. During the DEN Virtual Conference, Steve told us to be Rock Stars and share what we know. Since the opportunities at my school have dried up, I applied for a VERY local conference. I was happy to be accepted for two presentations: Google Apps and Web 2.0. I think this is a positive step in the right direction since there has been so much negative in my building.

0 comments: