1/11/2009

7 things about Me

Ever since Winter Break there has been an adult game of Tag happening in my PLN. In this game if you were tagged by another blogger than you had to create a post describing seven things your PLN didn't know about you. This has become a big game and there is even a wiki so everyone can read each other's posts. So now it is my turn thanks to Valaina Maher aka "butrflygirl" on Plurk. I hope mine isn't boring compared to all of the interesting posts so far. So without further a due *drum roll* my Seven things:

  1. A bomb exploded right outside my window when I was a kid. I was living in Frankfurt, Germany in the early 80s (army brat) and there was a certain sect of the population that didn't like military bases in their country. One radical planted a bomb under a car in front of the building I was living in and it went off in the middle of the night. I remember the glass everywhere, the chill of the night as my family evacuated, and my dad having camera fright when we were interviewed by CNN.
  2. I didn't "really" use computers until I was in college. Of course of all of my schools had computers when I was growing up, but it was always used to play games like Math Blaster and Carmen Sandiego. I got interested in using the Internet and WWW from a guy talking about it in English 101. I went to the library to practice on the computers there and I have been hooked ever since.
  3. My teaching path has been a weird one. I graduated from college with a teaching certificate in secondary Social Studies, but my first job was teaching a self-contained fifth grade class. Then it was on to third grade, fifth grade in another school, 6th grade Language Arts, 7th grade Social Studies, and finally Technology Integration. Who knows what the next stone in the path will be?
  4. I am the left-handed child of two right-handed parents. This made learning the basics like tying my shoe and learning to write really difficult.
  5. I collect shot glasses even though I don't drink. I started buying them on various trips because I liked that they were small, inexpensive, and there was always a wide variety of designs.
  6. I think I am addicted to being a student. I always liked learning which probably one of the reasons why I became a teacher. In May I will be finished with my second Master's degree and even though I said I am going to take a break you never know if I will be enrolled in something by the fall semester.
  7. I don't like hot drinks. Can you tell I am running out of things to tell? I love the smell of coffee and tea, but don't like the taste. I can sometimes handle cider or cocoa if it has cooled down quite a bit. I always wondered why this is the case and have on occasion tried hot beverages to see if I was ready to change my mind. Hasn't happened yet.
Well that is it! Here are those I am tagging:

2 comments:

Cathy Jo Nelson said...

I feel honored to be tagged! Thanks.

Alice Barr said...

Thanks for tagging me!